I’m Grazia Pecoraro, Principal Consultant & Founder of Perspective Hive Diversity & Communication Consulting based in Sydney, Australia.
I’ve built and delivered award-winning inclusion and diversity programs that have been recognised as Australia’s best through a range of industry awards. My distinguishing diversity consulting capability is that I have practical experience in implementing inclusion and diversity outcomes in businesses of all sizes, across a variety of industries and from a global career working for some of the world’s biggest brands. Talking diversity strategy is important but knowing how to work with people in the business to embed it, project manage initiatives and communicate the change is where real outcomes happen.
I consult across a broad range of industries e.g. financial services, legal, education, technology, government and healthcare. Just some of the organisations that I have worked with are: The Butterfly Foundation, Macquarie University, NBN, Diversity Partners, Doctors Without Borders, Bendigo & Adelaide Bank, The NSW Department of Finance, Services & Innovation, Hort Innovation, Westpac Group and Boston Scientific.
My international public relations, communications and reputation management background working for iconic technology brands such as Apple, Microsoft and IBM are a powerful offering and unique capability, combined with over seven years’ experience in creating and managing diversity outcomes that drive real business value in Australia.
These are some of my career highlights and if you want to explore the detail, you can read my full LinkedIn profile. I’m also available for speaking engagements on inclusion-related topics as part of my diversity consulting offering.
- Pushed the boundaries of designing Westpac’s Barangaroo campus beyond the prescriptions of the Australian Building Code. Created an intuitively accessible experience for employees and guests. Nifty features such as tactile signage and inclusively-designed kitchens have been embedded in the Design for Dignity Guidelines (co-developed with LendLease and the Australian Network on Disability). This won the 2016 Australian Human Rights Award as outstanding business practice, one of my career highlights. Accepting the 2016 Australian Human Rights Business Award (on the right) on behalf of Westpac Group.
- Delivering programs of work that supported Westpac Group’s target of having 50% of women in leadership by 2017. Started at 33% in 2010 and was achieved in 2017. Included building strategic business partnerships in HR and the business to create outcomes that change culture, hiring and talent management practices.
- Developed and roles out ‘All In Flex’ where all new and existing roles in Westpac could be considered to be done flexibly.
- Established and managed nine Employee Action Groups, such as ABLE (supporting people with disability) that delivered strategic business value including the launch of Auslan interpreting services for customers wanting to have wealth and planning conversations.
- Managed change and drove reputation value by establishing communications strategies delivering education, profiling and story telling for companies including Apple, IBM, Microsoft, Gartner, Cisco and British Telecommunications.