This two-hour immersive experience is designed to help business leaders think differently about difference and explore how their communication style shapes employee and stakeholder engagement and inclusion.
Why is this important?
- Cut-through – becoming aware of unconscious bias and how it impacts language and thinking helps leaders create a workplace culture where people are valued and respected for the differences they bring.
- Relevance – inclusive design is critical to ensure that the design and marketing of products and services is experienced as authentic and relevant to audiences who have a wide range of needs and expectations.
- Brand championship – changing the way language is used helps ensure consistency of corporate messages that are relatable, avoid stereotypes and back a strategic position on the inclusion of under-represented communities.
- Challenging systems – unconscious bias may limit leaders’ decision-making outcomes yet their influence can be extended positively for challenging the status quo and driving results-enhancing change.
What is covered in the session?
- Impacts of inclusion on brand – corporate & personal leadership reputation.
- Principles for inclusive language & design.
- Examples of best (and worst) practice.
- Practical take-away ideas for immediate implementation.
- Practical exercises designed to debias thinking.
Interested in this capability? Get in touch and let’s discuss how this workshop can help your organisation embed diversity and inclusion practice and confidence.