With many companies focusing on diversity and inclusion, over the last few years a micro-industry of consultants who are making all kinds of claims around services and support has sprung up. Perspective Hive has collaborated with Diversity Partners, another credible inclusion & diversity consulting firm, to create a supplier check list to help companies who are seeking to find support in diversity and inclusion diagnostics, strategies, workshops and other activities, find the right partner for their needs.
- What skills and experience does your consultancy offer to support diversity, foster inclusion and reduce bias in organisational cultures (including leadership accountability and behaviours, talent management, policies and processes, measurement, supporting communication strategies and employee engagement etc.)?
- What is your consultancy’s evidence-based knowledge of the business case for diversity and inclusion and global best-practice, particularly relating to creating strategic linkages with business strategy and objectives?
- What practical experience do your consultants have in embedding strategic programs of work for diversity and inclusion across a range of organisation types and sizes?
- What’s your experience in identifying diversity challenges and organisational biases? What analytical methodologies do you use?
- How do you go about developing a customised strategy to progress diversity and inclusion?
- What are the types of diversity and inclusion-related cultural challenges and opportunities you typically identify? Does this differ across industries and what have the impacts of your previously recommended client strategies been for their business?
- What’s your experience in navigating organisational resistance to diversity and inclusion efforts?
- Who are the most important stakeholders to engage and what are the most effective ways to achieve buy-in at all levels of the organisation?
- What tools do you offer to build the capability of leaders in making diversity and inclusion part of the overall business culture and how do you know these work?
- What type of internal resourcing is usually required to support and/or supplement your consulting efforts?
Article co-authored by: Grazia Pecoraro (Principal Consultant & Founder, Perspective Hive) and Katie Spearritt (CEO, Diversity Partners)
Want to find out more? Get in touch.